Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A specially designed outdoor area for skiing and snowboarding, containing a variety of ramps, jumps, etc.
- ‘You will find Freeskiers in the terrain parks that almost every ski resort in North America has created over the last 2 years.’
- ‘This was the first real mountainboard terrain park and has jumps, tables, rails and other high-performance "toys."’
- ‘Free-riding, not terrain parks, is the dominant theme for snowboarders.’
- ‘But I smile every time I go to a resort and see snowboarders and skiers having fun in the "terrain park."’
- ‘You can still do tricks on skis but the ratio is about 20:1 against them in the terrain parks.’
- ‘Terrain parks are the big draw (when it's not dumping) now.’
- ‘There's a variety of terrain too, ranging from steep exposures, wooded areas, open powder fields and a big terrain park.’
- ‘For the snowboarders, numerous terrain parks are scattered throughout complete with jumps of all sizes, rails and very well groomed half pipes.’
- ‘Come winter, drive the 12 miles west of Pontiac to get above it all at Alpine Valley, a ski resort with 25 runs and a snowboard terrain park.’
- ‘Still under development is a Nordic skiing terrain park.’
- ‘There are also four terrain parks and a 400 ft competition superpipe.’
- ‘Terrain parks provide a skier with more variety, especially when there's too little snow in the mountains.’
- ‘Heading to a terrain park soon?’
- ‘For the best terrain parks, Whistler, in British Columbia, can't be beaten.’
- ‘There, though, I couldn't help but notice the bowls, pistes and terrain parks.’
- ‘This year I have joined the many grommets in the terrain park and the huge black diamond jumps that make you feel so alive.’
- ‘Back when I started, terrain parks were not really there yet.’
- ‘The area offered a small terrain park with a 30-foot tabletop jump and a 30-foot flat rail on a 340-foot long slope.’
- ‘From the top of the Crest Express lift, snowboarders can hit three terrain parks for half-pipe aerials and rail grinding.’
- ‘Natural terrain parks are carved out of the trough of the canyon, and there are even some groomed beginner runs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.