One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pulverized gypsum, especially as an ingredient of medicines.
- ‘Twelve ounces of terra alba will coagulate enough soymilk to make 90 pounds of tofu and is preferred by many for a delicious source of dietary calcium.’
- ‘For softer and real gesso use gypsum or calcium sulfate in the form of terra alba, alabaster gypsum or Italian gesso.’
- ‘Natural Pigments offers terra alba imported from Cennino Cennini's hometown in northern Italy and near the same location where he undoubtedly obtained his own gesso.’
- ‘Other names for edible terra alba are food-grade gypsum or food-grade calcium sulfate.’
- ‘Dusting compounds such as asbestos-free talc and terra alba can be added to prevent the tablet cores and granules from adhering to one another and to the pan during the seal coat.’
Latin, literally ‘white earth’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.