One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ratio of an index of a country's export prices to an index of its import prices.
- ‘To be sure, there are substantial benefits to be derived in terms of trade, price transparency and economic efficiency from the embrace of a common currency union.’
- ‘The sources of the liquidity squeeze include poorer terms of trade with customers and suppliers and a less accommodating approach by banks.’
- ‘An upside of the export decrease is an increase in the terms of trade.’
- ‘The economic ratio, or terms of trade, becomes a diplomatic move unrelated to the laws of supply and demand.’
- ‘A ratio comparing export prices to import prices, the terms of trade is related to current accounts and the balance of payments.’
- ‘But rising prices of agricultural inputs partially offset the effects of improved terms of trade on farmer incomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.