One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for termitarium
- ‘That most commonly used for such construction work is obtained from termitaries, because the termites add a secretion which gives it better plasticity.’
- ‘The heat generated by the living creatures inside the termitary warms the air, which then rises.’
- ‘All termite species build nests, also known as termitaries or termitaria, but the specifics of these nests can vary.’
- ‘The termite mound, or termitary, consists of hard, thick walls that seal in moisture and keep heat out.’
- ‘In both these termitaries the palace cavity was six feet below the surface of earth as hard as rock.’
- ‘During the dry season, and beginning of the rainy, they form pairs and fly in small groups that may nest together in old woodpeckers holes or large termitaries.’
- ‘Nests are most often built in decaying tree trunks, but epiphyte root masses and occupied termitaries are also used.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.