Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tumor composed of tissues not normally present at the site (the site being typically in the gonads)
- ‘To our knowledge, no similar tumor has been described in the ovary or in teratomas at any other site.’
- ‘However, five of 19 animals developed teratomata; tumour formation being a major complication of embryonic stem cell transplantation.’
- ‘The gastrointestinal tract is an unusual site for teratomas to occur.’
- ‘Gastric teratoma is a rare tumor usually seen in male infants.’
- ‘The treatment for teratomas, whether benign or malignant, is resection as the tumor may grow to impinge on adjacent structures.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.