One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Until now, leisure traffic had been tepidly coming back since September 11, but only with deeply discounted fares.’
- ‘Some cheered at the end, but many more applauded tepidly.’
- ‘He extends a limp hand, smiles tepidly, and says something polite.’
- ‘And sure enough, this was the case - with only new media regulars tepidly noticing its arrival.’
- ‘The eventual work, while not a disaster, was tepidly received by critics and audiences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.