One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He extends a limp hand, smiles tepidly, and says something polite.’
- ‘The eventual work, while not a disaster, was tepidly received by critics and audiences.’
- ‘Some cheered at the end, but many more applauded tepidly.’
- ‘And sure enough, this was the case - with only new media regulars tepidly noticing its arrival.’
- ‘Until now, leisure traffic had been tepidly coming back since September 11, but only with deeply discounted fares.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.