One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The brass-knuckles crowd believes that virtually any image or tenuously defensible statement is fair game in the street brawl of contemporary politics.’
- ‘This is a memoir of Bloom tenuously disguised as a novel.’
- ‘Universities, having once led the way on the content and standards of public discussion, even if only tenuously and intermittently, now simply follow them.’
- ‘It tells six stories, tenuously linked, that are at times heartbreaking, but still laugh out loud funny.’
- ‘Tens of thousands of pastoralists are in a chronic war with bandits and each other in this semiarid region where land and water resources have tenuously supported their nomadic way of life for centuries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.