One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nationally-protected tentacled lagoon worms were discovered at the site of the £124m Channel Tunnel Rail Link bridge works over the River Medway.’
- ‘The common space between offices is dominated by a series of sculptures, such as a cross between an acorn and a human head and a freestanding metallic, tentacled thing strewn across the floor.’
- ‘We knew that this monster is hydra-headed, many tentacled.’
- ‘Too often, these series are overblown and melodramatic, populated by gigantic, tentacled demons and screeching, white-haired ghosts, telling the same formulaic stories over and over again.’
- ‘The Orson Welles broadcast of a four-decade-old H.G. Wells novel was so convincing that horrified listeners peered skyward for glimpses of tentacled invaders arriving in their war machines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.