One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A series of parallel diagonal stitches.
- ‘Pictorial slips with fruit, flowers and insects were worked in tent stitch and applied to pillow covers.’
- ‘That the panel on the easy chair is in satin stitch and Mr. Holzer's is in tent stitch cannot obscure the amazing similarities of these two extremely rare upholstery masterpieces.’
- ‘An important large embroidery worked in tent stitch with wool and silk depicting scenes from the life of Abraham.’
- ‘These tent stitch motifs were flat, stitched down with gold or silver gilt thread, upon the velvet.’
- ‘Details on how to work tent stitch in rows and also in columns are indicated in the viewing frame below.’
- ‘Both were worked with tent stitch in silk and both have corner tassels attached with metal rings or hooks.’
- ‘Gros point, as the name implies, is larger, and is tent stitch worked over a double thread of the canvas on the diagonal.’
- ‘This project features only the tent stitch, a stitch favored by Mary, Queen of Scots, celebrated amateur needlewoman.’
- ‘The tent stitch is a small diagonal stitch that slants from lower left to upper right.’
- ‘As a result, the tent stitch needle will be able to come up comfortably in open holes, wrap over the laid row and sink at an angle under the previous laid row.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.