One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rectangular area marked with lines on which tennis is played.
- ‘The indoor stadium will feature a tennis court, four badminton courts or ten table-tennis tables.’
- ‘On the tennis court I find it hard to keep my emotions together.’
- ‘It is on a tennis court where he is most likely to be found relaxing.’
- ‘The hotel has two swimming pools and a tennis court.’
- ‘He was the greatest athlete to walk on to a tennis court.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.