One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Tennessee or its inhabitants.‘the Tennessean sons of a preacher’
- ‘The Tennessean survivor was born around 1920, and the North Carolinian was born around 1930.’
- ‘The band of Tennesseean siblings overdid it on the road, though, and coasted into their new album following a yearlong hiatus.’
- ‘In 1954 he married a fellow Tennessean staff member, Joan Link.’
- ‘This Tennessean band has created surprisingly little fuss in the UK, despite the high quality of their debut album.’
- ‘Minutes after his elimination on the show, the Tennessean native said that he was "feeling fine" and wasn't surprised at his fate.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Tennessee.‘a way for us to honor a great Tennessean’
- ‘Of great interest to Tennesseeans will be the display of fossils from the Gray Fossil Site.’
- ‘The majority of their ideas are not what most Tennesseeans want.’
- ‘Although a native Tennessean, Farragut remained with the Union and became the first Admiral in the United States Navy.’
- ‘Come on Tennesseeans we can't let those Coloradans and Washingtonians upstage us again.’
- ‘Serving two terms, he split with his fellow Tennessean, President Andrew Jackson, on land issues and Indian removal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.