One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The basic monetary unit of Kazakhstan, equal to 100 teins.
- ‘The state budget received 60 billion tenges of taxes for the legalized properties.’
- ‘They began auctions in Kazakh tenges and Byelorussian roubles for Russian roubles.’
- ‘The total sum will be at about 108 billions tenges.’
- ‘Average monthly salaries have been estimated to be roughly equivalent to 31,500 tenges.’
- ‘The average annual per capita income is just 47,795 Kazakhstan tenges.’
- ‘A fare in a taxi to the city is 150-300 tenges.’
- ‘A tax court fined the paper 57 million tenges for not paying sales tax for two years.’
- ‘Of this sum, 3 billion tenges is intended for health monitoring among the local population over a period of three years.’
- ‘The average wage totalled 45,700 tenges.’
- ‘Parties, which can each field 10 candidates, will have a spending cap of 99 million tenges.’
- ‘His colleague spent a day behind bars for the flat refusal to pay a fine of 50,000 tenges.’
2A monetary unit of Turkmenistan, equal to one hundredth of a manat.
Kazakh and Turkmen, literally ‘coin, rouble’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.