Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of a tendon, most commonly from overuse but also from infection or rheumatic disease.
- ‘Don't do this exercise if you have active tendinitis or bursitis in your shoulders.’
- ‘Dancers may want to vary their physical experience in order to prevent overuse injuries such as tendinitis.’
- ‘If tendinitis is severe and leads to the rupture of a tendon, you may need surgical repair.’
- ‘In tendonitis, joint movements against resistance elicit pain.’
- ‘He has inflammation and tendinitis in his right rotator cuff.’
- ‘Older athletes are more likely to present with tendinitis in these areas.’
- ‘If you think you have tendinitis, talk with your physician.’
- ‘The aching and tenderness you are experiencing on your lower leg are common symptoms of this particular type of tendonitis.’
- ‘He has a six-month history of taking a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug for tendonitis.’
- ‘Much to my relief, my doctor finally diagnosed me with only biceps tendonitis and told me to back off my workouts a bit.’
- ‘Patients with insertional tendinitis tend to be older, and wound healing is a major concern.’
- ‘Achilles tendonitis is common when persons first take up athletic activities.’
- ‘The good news is that treating overuse problems like tendonitis is fairly straightforward.’
- ‘Tests for tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome were negative.’
- ‘She suffers from osteoarthritis, tendonitis and has irritable nerve endings around her knees.’
- ‘The localized tenderness in your shoulder could be several things: tendonitis, bursitis or tissue damage.’
- ‘Both players were diagnosed with rotator cuff tendinitis that resolved with rest and rehabilitation.’
- ‘Chronic shoulder problems usually fall into one of several categories, which include impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder and biceps tendonitis.’
- ‘Among younger dancers, overuse injuries like shin splints and Achilles tendinitis are common.’
- ‘This strap helps alleviate the pain and discomfort of Achilles tendonitis, an ailment common among basketball players.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.