One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of a tendon, most commonly from overuse but also from infection or rheumatic disease.
- ‘This strap helps alleviate the pain and discomfort of Achilles tendonitis, an ailment common among basketball players.’
- ‘The localized tenderness in your shoulder could be several things: tendonitis, bursitis or tissue damage.’
- ‘If tendinitis is severe and leads to the rupture of a tendon, you may need surgical repair.’
- ‘He has a six-month history of taking a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug for tendonitis.’
- ‘Chronic shoulder problems usually fall into one of several categories, which include impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder and biceps tendonitis.’
- ‘In tendonitis, joint movements against resistance elicit pain.’
- ‘Older athletes are more likely to present with tendinitis in these areas.’
- ‘Achilles tendonitis is common when persons first take up athletic activities.’
- ‘He has inflammation and tendinitis in his right rotator cuff.’
- ‘Much to my relief, my doctor finally diagnosed me with only biceps tendonitis and told me to back off my workouts a bit.’
- ‘Tests for tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome were negative.’
- ‘Don't do this exercise if you have active tendinitis or bursitis in your shoulders.’
- ‘Patients with insertional tendinitis tend to be older, and wound healing is a major concern.’
- ‘The good news is that treating overuse problems like tendonitis is fairly straightforward.’
- ‘Among younger dancers, overuse injuries like shin splints and Achilles tendinitis are common.’
- ‘She suffers from osteoarthritis, tendonitis and has irritable nerve endings around her knees.’
- ‘Dancers may want to vary their physical experience in order to prevent overuse injuries such as tendinitis.’
- ‘If you think you have tendinitis, talk with your physician.’
- ‘Both players were diagnosed with rotator cuff tendinitis that resolved with rest and rehabilitation.’
- ‘The aching and tenderness you are experiencing on your lower leg are common symptoms of this particular type of tendonitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.