One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of a tendon, most commonly from overuse but also from infection or rheumatic disease.
- ‘He has a six-month history of taking a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug for tendonitis.’
- ‘Don't do this exercise if you have active tendinitis or bursitis in your shoulders.’
- ‘Achilles tendonitis is common when persons first take up athletic activities.’
- ‘Tests for tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome were negative.’
- ‘In tendonitis, joint movements against resistance elicit pain.’
- ‘If you think you have tendinitis, talk with your physician.’
- ‘Both players were diagnosed with rotator cuff tendinitis that resolved with rest and rehabilitation.’
- ‘If tendinitis is severe and leads to the rupture of a tendon, you may need surgical repair.’
- ‘Patients with insertional tendinitis tend to be older, and wound healing is a major concern.’
- ‘Chronic shoulder problems usually fall into one of several categories, which include impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder and biceps tendonitis.’
- ‘The aching and tenderness you are experiencing on your lower leg are common symptoms of this particular type of tendonitis.’
- ‘The localized tenderness in your shoulder could be several things: tendonitis, bursitis or tissue damage.’
- ‘She suffers from osteoarthritis, tendonitis and has irritable nerve endings around her knees.’
- ‘Dancers may want to vary their physical experience in order to prevent overuse injuries such as tendinitis.’
- ‘The good news is that treating overuse problems like tendonitis is fairly straightforward.’
- ‘Older athletes are more likely to present with tendinitis in these areas.’
- ‘Among younger dancers, overuse injuries like shin splints and Achilles tendinitis are common.’
- ‘Much to my relief, my doctor finally diagnosed me with only biceps tendonitis and told me to back off my workouts a bit.’
- ‘He has inflammation and tendinitis in his right rotator cuff.’
- ‘This strap helps alleviate the pain and discomfort of Achilles tendonitis, an ailment common among basketball players.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.