One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A cellulosic fiber obtained from wood pulp using recyclable solvents.
- ‘Tencel denim is the latest big story in denim.’
- ‘Tencel is a pure cellulosic fibre though it is man-made.’
- ‘A cotton / Tencel blend gives the jeans a combination of strength and softness.’
- ‘Some fabrics related to rayon are cupro and lyocell, better known as Tencel.’
- ‘Shirts, pants and a classic polo made of cotton and Tencel are accompanied by trendy knitwear of multi-coloured yarns.’
- ‘This dissolves fabrics made of cellulose fibers, such as cotton, linen, rayon and Tencel ®.’
- ‘Suit coats and blazers are still predominantly made of wool and other natural fabrics, with blends of materials such as Lycra and Tencel.’
- ‘I have a celery colored dress made of 100% Tencel.’
- ‘Natural in origin, Tencel was designed as an environmentally friendly cellulose fibre to be used in fabrics to maximize comfort and functionality.’
- ‘Tencel is touted as more environment-friendly.’
- 1.1 A fabric made from Tencel.
- ‘Using designer fabrics such as Tencel, Stretch Silk and the commonplace denim, the students brought a fresh new look to contemporary design.’
- ‘Lew also said yarn-dyed Tencel fabrics in large plaids were being picked up for both men's and women's wear.’
- ‘Whether designers or consumers, comfort is the most important factor and Tencel fabrics can meet this demand.’
1960s (proprietary name of various yarns and fabrics): an invented word.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.