One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of the paired lobes of the brain lying beneath the temples, including areas concerned with the understanding of speech.
- ‘A comparison of the brain scans revealed differences in the volume of gray matter in the frontal and temporal lobes.’
- ‘Abscesses in the temporal lobes at the sides of the brain usually cause partial loss of vision.’
- ‘What got the attention of the radiologist was an abnormal computed tomographic scan of the brain that revealed a large temporal lobe tumor showing mass effect and swelling.’
- ‘‘This part of your brain is the temporal lobe,’ the nurse said.’
- ‘Examination of the brain revealed areas of softening and discoloration affecting the temporal lobes.’
- ‘Memory systems in the medial temporal lobe are damaged in all cases.’
- ‘Women who are obese throughout life are more likely to lose brain tissue, particularly in the temporal lobe area.’
- ‘Partial epilepsy results from abnormal neuronal activity that originates usually in one of the temporal lobes.’
- ‘The temporal lobes of the brain lie at the sides of the head above the ears.’
- ‘Communication between the temporal lobe and the frontal lobe is important.’
- ‘This is a section through the temporal lobe and brain stem.’
- ‘Speech control from the left temporal lobe operates in finding words or naming objects.’
- ‘They suspect that trauma to the right temporal lobe.’
- ‘These are rare brain disorders that affect primarily the frontal and temporal lobes of the brain.’
- ‘The researchers saw a shift in activation from the temporal lobe to the frontal lobe during a language skills task.’
- ‘In modern humans the temporal lobes are associated with hearing and understanding speech.’
- ‘The most common form of epilepsy involves seizures that begin in the brain's temporal lobes.’
- ‘This is a neurological syndrome which results from damage localized to both temporal lobes.’
- ‘Young adults seemed inclined to rely more on the temporal lobes while performing memory tasks.’
- ‘Language comprehension resides in the temporal lobe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.