Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of the paired lobes of the brain lying beneath the temples, including areas concerned with the understanding of speech.
- ‘Speech control from the left temporal lobe operates in finding words or naming objects.’
- ‘The researchers saw a shift in activation from the temporal lobe to the frontal lobe during a language skills task.’
- ‘Abscesses in the temporal lobes at the sides of the brain usually cause partial loss of vision.’
- ‘Women who are obese throughout life are more likely to lose brain tissue, particularly in the temporal lobe area.’
- ‘Communication between the temporal lobe and the frontal lobe is important.’
- ‘Examination of the brain revealed areas of softening and discoloration affecting the temporal lobes.’
- ‘The most common form of epilepsy involves seizures that begin in the brain's temporal lobes.’
- ‘Language comprehension resides in the temporal lobe.’
- ‘The temporal lobes of the brain lie at the sides of the head above the ears.’
- ‘In modern humans the temporal lobes are associated with hearing and understanding speech.’
- ‘What got the attention of the radiologist was an abnormal computed tomographic scan of the brain that revealed a large temporal lobe tumor showing mass effect and swelling.’
- ‘Partial epilepsy results from abnormal neuronal activity that originates usually in one of the temporal lobes.’
- ‘‘This part of your brain is the temporal lobe,’ the nurse said.’
- ‘These are rare brain disorders that affect primarily the frontal and temporal lobes of the brain.’
- ‘A comparison of the brain scans revealed differences in the volume of gray matter in the frontal and temporal lobes.’
- ‘This is a neurological syndrome which results from damage localized to both temporal lobes.’
- ‘Young adults seemed inclined to rely more on the temporal lobes while performing memory tasks.’
- ‘They suspect that trauma to the right temporal lobe.’
- ‘This is a section through the temporal lobe and brain stem.’
- ‘Memory systems in the medial temporal lobe are damaged in all cases.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.