One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of a pair of bones which form part of the side of the skull on each side and enclose the middle and inner ear.
- ‘The facial nerve may have an unusual course through the temporal bone.’
- ‘A scan showed a soft-tissue mass in the right temporal bone.’
- ‘No patients received a CT scan of their temporal bones.’
- ‘Lying beyond the eardrum is the middle ear, a tiny air-filled cavity in the temporal bone.’
- ‘The temporal bones were removed from the skull.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.