One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A member of a people living mainly in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and other parts of southern India.
- ‘Apart from those in the country, Telugus in the US, the UK, and Canada, too, can relish the Vissa contest as the channel's beaming will be available there in next three months.’
- ‘The way the Tamils celebrate their New Year (the year is called Shubhanu) is not very different from how the Kannadigas and Telugus did it last week.’
- ‘A 110 years later, the play still has the Telugus captivated.’
- ‘Kannadigas, Telugus, Tamils have all settled down here and contributed their own culture to mingle with the local culture to create a truly Bangalorean ethos.’
- ‘The ethos and cultures of Tamilians and Telugus are as different as chalk and cheese.’
- ‘This is a small effort to remind Telugus about their rich traditions that are on the wane.’
- ‘For Telugus world over, Ugadi has a special significance, as it heralds the onset of a new year, the beginning of new hopes and aspirations.’
- ‘His wife, Tanya, an airhostess with the Indian Airlines, is a Telugu.’
- ‘If the Kannadigas, Tamils and Telugus are the mainstay of the City, the Malayalis are not far behind.’
- ‘Despite being a Telugu, she says her most satisfying numbers came in other languages like Tamil and Malayalam.’
2The Dravidian language of the Telugu.
- ‘A versatile linguist, he has acted in every major regional language including Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi and Telegu.’
- ‘The film is originally in Mandarin but has been dubbed in Hindi and Telugu for its India release.’
- ‘The Research Centre will soon come out with similar Internet search engines for Hindi, Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada languages, he said.’
- ‘The thriller is also slated for release in at least two other languages - Tamil and Telugu.’
- ‘As many as 150 students have started to read, write and speak in Telugu.’
Relating to the Telugu or their language.
- ‘Most Hindus in Malaysia speak Tamil, even if they are Gujarati or Telegu.’
- ‘Because, rarely would one have the pleasant opportunity of having two lovely actresses from Telugu film world knocking their doors and wanting to spend some time with their families.’
- ‘An official Website will also be launched containing about 2,000 pages with information ranging from the history of the language to Telugu software.’
- ‘These books will be available in English and the publishers have plans of bringing these comics in Bengali, Hindi, Malayalam, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu languages too.’
- ‘Eating is my passion and I am used to the best of Malayali, Telugu and North Indian food.’
From the name in Telugu, teluṅgu.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.