One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many of those machines had only a few kilobytes of memory; disk storage was equally scant; the standard means of communicating with the computer was a hard-copy teletypewriter or a text-only video terminal.’
- ‘The invention of the teletypewriter and its development of the teleprinter, linked to the telegraph system, added a further dimension to communications.’
- ‘Matt loved the potable teletypewriter he'd found online.’
- ‘Field telephones and teleprinters (teletypewriters), using land lines or temporary wire, were also used extensively, especially in the rear areas.’
- ‘Known as teletypewriter, or telecommunications device for the Deaf in the US, this technology allowed Deaf people to communicate with each other by connecting such devices to the phone network.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.