A small telescope used for sighting, typically mounted on a rifle.
- ‘Wearing dark green fatigues and camouflaged by the darkness, he peered through the telescopic sight of the rifle pressed against his shoulder.’
- ‘The shot was fired from an army watchtower using a sniper rifle with a telescopic sight.’
- ‘The Sergeant said: ‘We were told he had a rifle with telescopic sights.’’
- ‘Keeping the cross hairs centered on the man's chest, Ian watched the stranger through the rifle's telescopic sights.’
- ‘Without his binoculars, Parker had to use the telescopic sight on his rifle to zoom in on every window on the lower floors of the building opposite to the entrance.’