Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The electronic remote control of machines.
- ‘They also thought that teleoperation of robotic rovers should be integrated into operations planning.’
- ‘Vehicle teleoperation is being developed for this system to gain standoff between soldiers and mine locations.’
- ‘That could result in a co-development of many industries such as terrestrial point-to-point rocket service, orbital tourism, teleoperation, and robotics.’
- ‘It has an interesting technology featured, which is robotic teleoperation.’
- ‘If a pilot who weighs half as much as a typical pilot is good for business, why not get rid of the pilot altogether in favor of teleoperation or an autopilot?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.