Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in Latin America) a television soap opera.Also called novela
- ‘After all, more than 40 per cent of the top-rated shows around the world are mini-series, sitcoms, soap operas, movies and telenovelas.’
- ‘On the wildly popular telenovelas, the soap operas that are a programming staple of both networks, the starring roles are almost always filled by white Latino actors who typically play members of the upper class.’
- ‘Venezuela was one of the first exporters of telenovelas (soap operas) to the South American continent and the world.’
- ‘There are numerous stories that would make wonderful plots for the telenovelas that are so popular today in Latin America.’
- ‘Favorite programs include cartoons and old movies from the United States, and Mexican telenovelas (soap operas).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.