Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
treated as singular The branch of information technology which deals with the long-distance transmission of computerized information.
- ‘This is much less expensive and allows virtually anyone with a cell phone access to telematics.’
- ‘The situation for vehicle telematics differs greatly from the mobile phone market.’
- ‘This transformation will make telematics an essential element of a new generation of personalized mobile services.’
- ‘We have used a common definition of vehicle telematics as the combination of location with two-way communication in vehicles.’
- ‘Improvements in connectivity through telematics or the ubiquitous cell phone enable us to survive.’
1970s: blend of telecommunication and informatics.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.