Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] The branch of information technology that deals with the long-distance transmission of computerized information.
- ‘This is much less expensive and allows virtually anyone with a cell phone access to telematics.’
- ‘We have used a common definition of vehicle telematics as the combination of location with two-way communication in vehicles.’
- ‘This transformation will make telematics an essential element of a new generation of personalized mobile services.’
- ‘The situation for vehicle telematics differs greatly from the mobile phone market.’
- ‘Improvements in connectivity through telematics or the ubiquitous cell phone enable us to survive.’
1970s: blend of telecommunication and informatics.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.