One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The marketing of goods or services by means of telephone calls, typically unsolicited, to potential customers.
- ‘Campaigns might also try to obtain e-mail addresses through direct mail programs and telemarketing.’
- ‘Some of the practices common in the early days of telemarketing gave our industry a bad name.’
- ‘Unlike other forms of direct marketing, such as junk mail or telemarketing, spam should be considered a threat.’
- ‘It has voicemail, cordless phone ability and extra call centre features that enable telemarketing and a customer service centre.’
- ‘The ideal situation would be to have a market in telemarketing.’
- ‘He notes that the company uses basic sales and marketing methods such as focus groups and telemarketing.’
- ‘Although political telemarketing may be popular in the US, it's a marketing method generally despised in New Zealand.’
- ‘The government opened its national registry allowing consumers to block telemarketing calls.’
- ‘Has telemarketing in New Zealand reached saturation point yet?’
- ‘Plenty of telemarketing territory is untouched by recent regulatory efforts.’
- ‘We're not going to do any kind of outbound marketing or telemarketing or promotions.’
- ‘Direct mail and telemarketing will always play a vital role in campaigning and fundraising.’
- ‘So many services are being outsourced, from telemarketing to website design to Internet scamming.’
- ‘Very few brands have been built by relying solely on direct mail or telemarketing.’
- ‘The vast bulk of telemarketing calls are made by institutions to existing customers, either to suggest a new product to them or to seek opinions for a survey.’
- ‘More to the point, however, is that I used to run a marketing department and I've done some telemarketing.’
- ‘There are four basic direct marketing media available: direct mail, telemarketing, mass media, and interactive media.’
- ‘Strangers may try to take advantage of lonely seniors through telemarketing scams.’
- ‘Many of them have converted existing space into call centres, mainly for telemarketing to the US.’
- ‘The new unit will provide inbound and outbound telemarketing service to companies across all industries in Europe and the US.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.