Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Among the first measures that is to be initiated, according to highly unreliable sources, was finalized during a secret telecon with India's Deputy Prime Minister.’
- ‘" As per our today's telecon, we are sending you herewith a confirmation of insurance for the CMA coverage you have insured via ITS.’
- ‘" Further to our telecon earlier today and your last message.’
- ‘A limited number of reporters will be able to participate via telecon by advising Lynch of their affiliation and phone number.’
- ‘U. S. Geological Survey (USGS) St. Petersburg, Fla. or at your desk via telecon’
- ‘The Board was identified and named by mid-afternoon of Saturday, September the 1 st and their first meeting was via telecon by 5 p.m.’
- ‘"I am from Chennai and am happy to be working here on this project," he said in a telecon from California.’
- ‘As far as the actual rent is concerned, as I explained to you during our telecon, I have spoken to them.’
- ‘Up late on Friday but in time to run a quick meeting (telecon of course) then off to the Woodlands Golf Club for the IBM Social Golf Club day.’
- ‘At the conclusion of that telecon, BizJet said, the representative for Gulfstream asked, "Where do we go from here?"’
- ‘The telecon was so hush hush that not a word was actually spoken while it was in progress, for fear of, what else, leaks.’
- ‘Mexican telecon titan Carlos Sum Helu remains at number three but all three of the world's richest men got poorer in the past year.’
- ‘" We refer to the telecon this morning.’
- ‘" Further to our telecon, unfortunately Buyers have asked us to inform the Sellers that they unfortunately will not be able to proceed with this deal.’
- ‘" We confirm the telecon of today's date between your Mr. Rob Bruce and the writer in respect of the block and stone supply for the above project.’
- ‘Further to our telecon of yesterday we confirm our interest in the above development.’
- ‘A limited number of reporters will be able to participate via telecon by advising Lynch of their affiliation.’
- ‘Media may participate in person or via telecon.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.