One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that combines the capabilities of a computer with those of a television and a telephone, particularly for multimedia applications.
- ‘In the telecomputer model championed in this paper, initially, the consumer's point & click remote signalling unit will be the touchtone phone.’
- ‘The evolution of DVD promises telecomputers to find their way into our living rooms, linked to a large flat screen which will be able to display HDTV, Standard Definition TV, video…’
- ‘Between the two, it is possible to extract the inherent objective of a telecomputer system.’
- ‘The telecomputer already had the capability of automatically dialing and performing data transfers.’
- ‘With telecomputers and multimedia, with the distribution of camcorders, videotechnologies are aspiring to the condition of the telephone, not an environment well suited to advertising.’
- ‘These personal telecomputers will become thoroughly decentralized and more and more individualized.’
- ‘The Universal Serial Bus, USB is an ideal candidate to interconnect the various optional devices that a telecomputer might have.’
- ‘But if the looks of the telecomputer are like those of a TV set, the service we can receive from this new appliance will be overwhelming.’
- ‘As today's ascii-based hardware is replaced with broadband switched networks and telecomputers, many users may desert what they see as the limited capabilities of prose for the supposedly more expressive medium of video.’
- ‘Futurists have been predicting the wave of personal telecomputers for some time now.’
- ‘On a larger scale, telecomputers can be placed in all major cities and linked.’
- ‘This was a bad sign for the telecomputer, though few appreciated just how bad a sign until it was too late.’
- ‘When we have the telecomputer connected to the all-optical network, we will enter what he calls the ‘age of the telecomputer.’’
- ‘Therefore, you can expect up to 50% more calls than telecomputers with the OUT-DATED ‘message tape deck’ technology.’
- ‘They are powerful enough for most occasions and their telecomputer even permits automatic use of flash.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.