One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular Telecommunications.
- ‘There is less cable-laying work, due to a fall in demand from the telecoms business.’
- ‘All telecoms companies have seen their market capitalisation more than halve during the past year.’
- ‘The survey also looks at telecoms infrastructure, broadband provision and mobile services.’
- ‘It works with the largest telecomms and mobile phone operators in North America, Europe and Japan, as well as in the energy sector and IT.’
- ‘This is to enable these businesses to be better able to cope when spending by telecom operators resumes.’
- ‘Reductions in debt ratings have also put a strain on finances throughout the telecoms sector.’
- ‘These high volume business telephone users tend to be the main targets of alternative telecom companies.’
- ‘Either way, the telecoms operators are likely to see it as a subsidy to undercut market pricing.’
- ‘In Germany the telecoms services sector is one of the most promising business areas.’
- ‘The impact of this on telecoms and mobile cellular operator voice revenues promises to be interesting.’
- ‘The deregulation of the telecoms market has seen the emergence of 17 telephone operators.’
- ‘A telecom industry analyst said the impact on the two mobile phone companies would be minimal.’
- ‘It now has sector supplements for the automotive, finance, telecoms and tour operators sectors.’
- ‘If you are in telecoms or telecoms equipment supply you are right there at the front of the firing line.’
- ‘In other markets, such as telecoms or the Internet backbone, it has to be more robust.’
- ‘Will its products be enough to woo back investors despite fears of a telecoms downturn?’
- ‘Does the thought of investing in the wireless or telecom industry now leave your head spinning?’
- ‘They wanted to design complex telecoms systems using interface descriptions.’
- ‘They also see ample evidence of fierce competition in many areas, both in consumer and business telecoms.’
- ‘Many larger operators, struggling in an out of favour telecoms market are now wary of the costs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.