One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular Telecommunications.
- ‘Does the thought of investing in the wireless or telecom industry now leave your head spinning?’
- ‘This is to enable these businesses to be better able to cope when spending by telecom operators resumes.’
- ‘Either way, the telecoms operators are likely to see it as a subsidy to undercut market pricing.’
- ‘Many larger operators, struggling in an out of favour telecoms market are now wary of the costs.’
- ‘These high volume business telephone users tend to be the main targets of alternative telecom companies.’
- ‘Will its products be enough to woo back investors despite fears of a telecoms downturn?’
- ‘A telecom industry analyst said the impact on the two mobile phone companies would be minimal.’
- ‘All telecoms companies have seen their market capitalisation more than halve during the past year.’
- ‘Reductions in debt ratings have also put a strain on finances throughout the telecoms sector.’
- ‘They wanted to design complex telecoms systems using interface descriptions.’
- ‘If you are in telecoms or telecoms equipment supply you are right there at the front of the firing line.’
- ‘The survey also looks at telecoms infrastructure, broadband provision and mobile services.’
- ‘It works with the largest telecomms and mobile phone operators in North America, Europe and Japan, as well as in the energy sector and IT.’
- ‘In other markets, such as telecoms or the Internet backbone, it has to be more robust.’
- ‘There is less cable-laying work, due to a fall in demand from the telecoms business.’
- ‘In Germany the telecoms services sector is one of the most promising business areas.’
- ‘The deregulation of the telecoms market has seen the emergence of 17 telephone operators.’
- ‘The impact of this on telecoms and mobile cellular operator voice revenues promises to be interesting.’
- ‘They also see ample evidence of fierce competition in many areas, both in consumer and business telecoms.’
- ‘It now has sector supplements for the automotive, finance, telecoms and tour operators sectors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.