Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Two-way remote communication in which each party gets an audio and three-dimensional visual representation of the other, via high-speed data exchange.‘tele-immersion allows users to climb into a computer screen’
- ‘It is developing and enabling a new generation of broadband network applications, including tele-immersions, digital libraries, and virtual laboratories.’
- ‘It now takes our tele-immersion system roughly 15 seconds to scan, process and display the entire volume of a typical room.’
- ‘With the advent of tele-immersion and related technologies, time and space will no longer be important.’
- ‘The focus of tele-immersion is supporting high-quality interaction between small groups of tele-immersed participants.’
- ‘The real-time focus of tele-immersion presents a novel use of large-scale computing systems, which predominantly run long-term computations in batch mode.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.