Two-way remote communication in which each party gets an audio and three-dimensional visual representation of the other, via high-speed data exchange.‘tele-immersion allows users to climb into a computer screen’
- ‘It is developing and enabling a new generation of broadband network applications, including tele-immersions, digital libraries, and virtual laboratories.’
- ‘It now takes our tele-immersion system roughly 15 seconds to scan, process and display the entire volume of a typical room.’
- ‘With the advent of tele-immersion and related technologies, time and space will no longer be important.’
- ‘The focus of tele-immersion is supporting high-quality interaction between small groups of tele-immersed participants.’
- ‘The real-time focus of tele-immersion presents a novel use of large-scale computing systems, which predominantly run long-term computations in batch mode.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.