One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A telecommunications company.
- ‘The telco already runs Wi-Fi public access hot spots and payphones at all three sites.’
- ‘Quoted company share prices in this sector have suffered alongside telcos in other markets - but undeservedly so.’
- ‘This is the latest in a series of setbacks for telcos and telco equipment manufacturers.’
- ‘I also understand that the major telcos and cablecos are in a lobbying frenzy to prevent this as well.’
- ‘The size of the States has also reinforced the monopolistic behaviour of many US telcos and service providers.’
- ‘Most telcos have trenched enough fiber to carry signals across long distances.’
- ‘Will the cities be forced to partner with telcos to help them operate and manage the networks?’
- ‘Once word of the network hit the papers, the telco and service provider lobby swung into action.’
- ‘The Singapore authorities already require telcos here to note down the particulars of prepaid card buyers.’
- ‘An enterprise will look for a breadth of services from the telcos and strong competition in a potential location.’
- ‘It opens up a huge playing field for mobile telcos who see the opportunity to offer financial services.’
- ‘Why did the telcos previously believe that subscribers at any cost would be a viable business plan?’
- ‘The monster telco reckons that 91 payphones will be kitted out by the end of the week.’
- ‘This is simply a way for the telcos to advertise lower prices than they're really charging.’
- ‘Bringing costs down will have to become a major priority for both cable companies and the telcos.’
- ‘Do I need to tell you how like almost any enterprise, big telcos hate to be regulated?’
- ‘All over the world, telcos have seen customers switching to cable and mobile phone services.’
- ‘It is a huge consortium of domain registrars, registry operators, telcos and technology companies.’
- ‘The telcos responsible for broadband infrastructure can now see where and how they can make money.’
- ‘By doing this telcos will be able to more easily roll out high bandwidth Internet access to both business and residential customers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.