Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of growing one's teeth, especially milk teeth.
- ‘Only nine paediatricians, but 30-50% of each of the other groups, believed that teething predisposes to infections, most commonly colds and ear infections.’
- ‘Remedies specifically for teething are available from pharmacies, supermarkets and health food stores.’
- ‘However, now your baby will cry from boredom, anxiety, frustration and teething.’
- ‘Infants are fortunate; they do not have to choose whether to remain toothless or to accept the distress of teething.’
- ‘She proposes that children's physical and emotional problems can be the result of teething, a process, she asserts, that can actually last through the teens.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.