Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Grow or cut teeth, especially milk teeth.
- ‘Although tender and swollen gums could cause your baby's temperature to be a little higher than normal, teething, as a rule, does not cause high fever or diarrhea.’
- ‘Some are designed to numb very specific types of pain - for example, from teething, hemorrhoids or sunburn.’
- ‘He had taken up that nasty habit lately, but I assumed it was just because he was teething.’
- ‘My mom said he's teething and has been pretty fussy lately.’
- ‘The causes for chewing wood can be tooth problems and teething, stomach or intestinal parasites or mineral deficiency.’
- ‘As you might expect, there's plenty of questions and advice about teething, naps, and feeding.’
- ‘If she turns around, she'll see the silver fob and chain, marked by their daughter's teething.’
- ‘Increased drooling is common at this age but not necessarily associated with teething.’
- ‘Paracetamol and teething gels were widely recommended by all groups, and 41 pharmacists recommended sedating medication.’
- ‘Reasons for biting behavior among toddlers in group child care include teething, impulsiveness and lack of self-control, overstimulation, and frustration.’
- ‘You want the very best pediatrician for your baby - someone you can turn to for advice on teething, ear infections, potty training and the major stages of your child's development.’
- ‘Children often experience some of these symptoms while teething (growing teeth).’
- ‘Other conditions can also result in earaches, such as teething, a foreign object in the ear, or hard earwax.’
- ‘Chamomilla is good for earaches associated with teething.’
- ‘Teeth can therefore serve a variety of functions in our lives from the time that the first deciduous (milk or primary) teeth appear, a process commonly known as teething.’
- ‘If she hadn't seen them with her own eyes, Rebecca probably wouldn't have known her daughter was teething.’
- ‘Today, this species is a sedative given in mild form to infants during teething and is used in commercial diuretics.’
- ‘For mild cases of teething, most infants will benefit from combination teething tablets that contain multiple homeopathic remedies.’
- ‘However, small children have been known to incur health problems by ingesting loose chips of lead paint or by teething on painted woodwork, such as window sills.’
- ‘Hypersecretion commonly is caused by inflammation, such as teething, dental caries, and oral cavity infection.’
Late Middle English: from teeth.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.