One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is enthusiastic about new technology.
- ‘The latest trend among technophiles is to communicate through video logs online journals replete with film clips shot on digital video cameras.’
- ‘Some may still regard the Internet as a place for student and technophiles, but people of all ages are now online. To prove it, there are now dozens of websites dedicated to the more mature Internet user.’
- ‘Mr Thomas said the steady increase in sales was being driven now by family buyers, rather than hardened technophiles.’
- ‘There has to be room for the technophobes as well as the technophiles.’
- ‘If such technology manages to spread beyond the limits of the experiment and grow in availability it will surely provoke no end of debate between the technophiles and luddites of the arts community.’
- ‘Do not panic - the book is not targeted at technophiles.’
- ‘However, what may be lacking for the extreme technophiles will not be at all distracting for the average filmgoer.’
- ‘There's no way the media companies can fight the technophiles and win this battle.’
- ‘Although he was certainly not a technophile, he was not against technology in itself.’
- ‘Moreover, despite the enthusiasm of the technophiles, putting disparate functions together doesn't necessarily attract buyers.’
- ‘Is this a revolt by the hard-core technophiles?’
- ‘The technophiles and apparent technophobes at the conference seldom engaged closely with each other's presentations and ideas.’
- ‘I don't believe that it's worth paying for, and I can't imagine anyone but a few technophiles buying and deploying it.’
- ‘We're going via a day's stopover in Tokyo and I'm travelling with some serious technophiles so it's going to be lots of fun.’
- ‘While many technophiles have been willing to make such a deal, the average user might not.’
- ‘This look at the current status of robot evolution will intrigue technophiles, sci-fi fans and those with an interest in the social sciences alike.’
- ‘Real technophiles will be disappointed about the limited scope of their game.’
- ‘A magazine is also being launched and technophiles can even play the game on their mobile phones.’
- ‘What began as a pet project for technophiles has become a multibillion-dollar industry, with uses ranging from untethered computers in the home to major networking connections for telecommunications giants.’
- ‘Handset quality remains a problem but this should not come as any great surprise to technophiles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.