Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or using technology.‘the quickening pace of technological change’
practical, scientific, applied, applying science, non-theoreticalView synonyms
- ‘The result is usually scientific and technological stagnation except in the short term.’
- ‘It is a true cliche that the modern world is a pre-eminently scientific and technological one.’
- ‘At the same time technological innovation will be even more crucial if the company is to continue growing.’
- ‘The technological secrets of the Minster are to be disclosed to the public as part of National Science Week.’
- ‘In fact, subsidies and technological innovation had already led to overproduction.’
- ‘We brought into being many other things with our scientific and technological power.’
- ‘When that happens, it will make all previous technological revolutions seem like minor hiccups.’
- ‘For all our technological and intellectual advances, we are impotent when nature rears up against us.’
- ‘I would like to better understand what is at play in our technological experiences.’
- ‘We do need to accept that scientific and technological advances will often be accompanied by new risks.’
- ‘Futurologists have noted an exponential acceleration in the pace of technological change.’
- ‘Is the quality of life now better for the technological advancements we have made?’
- ‘In the process it has surprised many people with its mix of design and technological innovation.’
- ‘The proper mechanisms and procedures and technological infrastructure had to be in place as well.’
- ‘How many technological leaps of this order can we expect in our lifetimes?’
- ‘This shift is inexorable due to the nature of technological improvement.’
- ‘In the course of his career, he could expect to see huge scientific and technological advances.’
- ‘On close inspection this area of technology has an abysmal record of technological advancement.’
- ‘It's remarkably good to be living through this part of the technological revolution.’
- ‘Attempts to devise a technological solution to spam are ongoing, and admittedly difficult.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.