One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of fast, heavy electronic dance music, typically with few or no vocals.
- ‘If you all grew up in the same social environment, how is it that you understand techno and they don't?’
- ‘The sound effects are ok and the music is all ambient techno style which is nice and moody but maybe a bit dull when the action starts hotting up.’
- ‘His meteoric rise has been cited as one of the catalysts for Swedish techno's current influence.’
- ‘His blend of minimal techno and acid has been his trademark sound since the early days.’
- ‘His accomplished, melancholic debut of minimal and ethereal, techno music quickly followed.’
- ‘Their music is a mixture of Eastern European folk, gypsy, techno and American jazz.’
- ‘At a push he could be loosely considered a techno DJ, but once in the studio, techno seems to be the last thing on his mind.’
- ‘Bossa nova, deep techno, hip hop, broken beat and jazz all find common ground in a sound that is a genre all its own.’
- ‘Reminiscent of classic German techno, both are perfect dance floor fillers.’
- ‘The music is a blend of techno beats and guitar riffs, and makes for pretty decent racing music.’
- ‘He listens to black music while she listens to different kinds of music, but no techno.’
- ‘Music will include funky techno, a cappella singers, dance floor jazz, and chilled house.’
- ‘Music, which mainly focused on techno and dance, simply wasn't interesting anymore.’
- ‘Many had been waiting patiently for several hours, bobbing to blasts of techno, country and rock music.’
- ‘The result is some of the darkest, most introspective techno to come out in a long time.’
- ‘The last two weeks they played techno and dance music at the end of the night.’
- ‘The group's sound is blank canvas of electronic soundscapes that fuse techno, hip hop, drum and bass and house.’
- ‘Flamenco now has modern influences such as blues, jazz and more recently rock, hip-hop or techno.’
- ‘Next door, was a cafe run by a former ska musician with a love for house and techno.’
- ‘He likes electro, techno, and house, but always figures they could use some renovations.’
1980s: abbreviation of technological.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.