One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A violation of certain rules of the game, not usually involving physical contact, but often involving unsportsmanlike actions.
- ‘Failure to respect the administrative facets of the game usually results in technical fouls.’
- ‘I earned my share of technical fouls and, to this day, there are a few referees who still hold it against me.’
- ‘The game got testy in the fourth quarter, when seven technical fouls were called.’
- ‘All coaches, players, and parents will be allowed 3 unsportsmanlike technical fouls per basketball season.’
- ‘As it became apparent that the Warriors would cruise to victory, tempers flared once again, with three technical fouls handed out in the final ten minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.