One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A college providing courses in a range of practical subjects, such as information technology, applied sciences, engineering, agriculture, and secretarial skills.
- ‘Many of these are not universities, but technical colleges and institutions where computer and language skills are honed.’
- ‘This article will review how community and technical colleges have provided skill upgrade training in the past, and how these efforts have been funded.’
- ‘Among the oldest of the technical colleges is the Higher Institute of Agriculture, which was founded in 1962.’
- ‘This democratization of learning has resulted in the development of nearly 1,200 community and technical colleges across the United States.’
- ‘Universities and technical colleges offer several potential benefits to industry.’
- ‘He said government departments had bursary schemes in technikons and technical colleges to provide learners with financial assistance.’
- ‘Only 15 percent of children from poor families go to the more specialised technical colleges and universities.’
- ‘In the 1960s and 1970s, new universities were founded, including the first regional university and a number of technical colleges and teacher training colleges.’
- ‘From school he was enrolled in a technical college - this was considered the most practical option, as a child from his background was expected to support the family from a young age.’
- ‘At the same time, a group of engineering students from the technical college formed a club and asked to join the partnership.’
- ‘The essence of the document's argument was that public schools and technical colleges had to compete with each other and with private providers for shrinking education funds.’
- ‘The Republic has three different types of schools: grammar schools for the most academic students, technical colleges for the vocationally minded and secondary moderns for general studies.’
- ‘It generally takes twelve years to obtain a high school diploma or senior certificate which is required to continue studies at a technical college or university.’
- ‘A number of private universities are discussing plans to merge with technical colleges.’
- ‘The two-year colleges included both community colleges and technical colleges where college degree level courses were offered.’
- ‘However, post-secondary education is offered at a teachers' training college, a technical college, and a nursing school.’
- ‘Specialist schools, and technical colleges used to be the norm for those sorts of qualifications, and a very good job they did too.’
- ‘It is also ideal as an educational tool for university, technical college and high school engineering and industrial design departments.’
- ‘At the same time community and technical colleges have experienced cuts in state and local funding resulting in added pressure for continuing education divisions to be fully self-supported.’
- ‘We are being told that community and technical colleges are integral to the economic and workforce success of the country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.