One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This ticket tearer could very well design a new type of car, or write a best-selling book, if they had the time.’
- ‘Perforated unit pages would have made removal easier, but careful tearers should not have too much difficulty removing them from this paper-backed book.’
- ‘Customer service people should not be simply data entry technicians, and gate agents are not just ticket tearers, that is, unless they let the computers be the boss.’
- ‘‘Good evening, enjoy your movie,’ the ticket tearer said robotically.’
- ‘A relatively longer time has probably elapsed before the tearer managed to take hold of these fibres.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.