One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An act of completely dismantling something.‘an engine teardown’
- 1.1 A building bought solely for the purpose of demolishing.‘a $2 million teardown’
- 1.2 An act of demolishing a building, usually to build a new one on the same site.‘every teardown has an impact on the look and feel of a community’
- ‘Larger building systems will also require significant setup and teardown and may require modifications to existing building systems.’
- ‘Based on Greenwich demolition applications submitted since July 1, Mr. Marr projects 35 percent fewer residential teardowns will happen in his city this year.’
- 1.1 A building bought solely for the purpose of demolishing.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.