One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who plays or works well as a member of a team or group.
- ‘If you asked one of us if another member of the squad was a good team player, we would have looked at you like you were crazy.’
- ‘A team player, the General Practitioner was quick to pass on the recognition to those he's worked with.’
- ‘Also, being a team player is essential, and the inclusion of all members is very important to me.’
- ‘She is recognized as the ultimate team player, highly professional and a leader in the clinical arena.’
- ‘A hard worker and a team player, he does his best against the best competition.’
- ‘The only way someone is ever in a position to write a tell-all memoir is to have been a team player at some earlier point.’
- ‘Displaying flexibility ensures an employer that a worker is a leader as well as a team player.’
- ‘He has tremendous pace, he is our top scorer, and he is a team player who always wants victory.’
- ‘She's very focused, a true team player and a great role model for all the other kids.’
- ‘But they must invest more in the project if the navy is to have ships to cope with a variety of situations in the future, and be a team player in future events.’
- ‘He also showed he was a champion team player by walking away when he thought it was of most benefit to the club.’
- ‘He's a team player, scored the equaliser, made chances for others, including our equaliser.’
- ‘I am passionate about my neighbourhood and my city, I am hard worker and a good team player.’
- ‘She is a great team player and an exceptional role model as a psychologist.’
- ‘Your seeming failure as a strategic captain however is at direct odds with your on-field enthusiasm as a team player.’
- ‘She is considered the ultimate team player who has the confidence and admiration of her colleagues.’
- ‘Quinn's selflessness in this regard is worth stressing, for he has always been the model team player.’
- ‘You don't have to be mad to work here, but you do have to be on time, well presented, a team player, customer service focused and sober.’
- ‘He shares many of the same qualities as Phil, being a selfless team player who communicates through the quality of his performance.’
- ‘He was also a team player, one who, like his own young assistants today, was only to happy to do the boss's dirty work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.