One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sometimes teacherly authority is the only answer.’
- ‘That's now my ideal of teacherly advocacy: The object of veneration is not the lecturer but the work of art.’
- ‘‘You need to curl your fingers up more,’ Arson replied, sounding very professional and teacherly.’
- ‘This teacherly tourism involves a scholar deriving far greater richness from the terrain than she or he deposits.’
- ‘Yet the teacherly streak in Orwell - his calling to educate the unenlightened bourgeoisie - drove him further to investigate Britain's under-class.’
- ‘My own children always laugh at my teacherly impulses to say that the students should tell the teachers what is going on, but there it is.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.