One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A house or accommodations provided for a teacher by a school.
- ‘It is also the only property of the four Wake County teacherages constructed with Craftsman detailing.’
- ‘The addition and teacherage were dedicated in a service held in the gym on December 7, 1986.’
- ‘For example, one of these problems is the teacherages at Smith Lake Elementary.’
- ‘First, they wanted more security at the teacherages and a guarantee against further unlawful entries.’
- ‘Wiring of the school and teacherages will be started Monday.’
- ‘A teacherage was where the teachers could live; today we would probably call it an apartment house.’
- ‘The Northern Store is more accessible for teachers since the teacherages are close to the store.’
- ‘The school, teacherages and health station and 70 percent of the community also have a piped sewage collection system.’
- ‘The old Tin Cup school was brought in and converted to another teacherage, which has since been sold and moved.’
- ‘The division leases teacherages on the basis of the type of residence and square footage from approximately $350.00 to $550.00 per month.’
- ‘Many teachers of that time had to live with area families so this teacherage was considered to be a luxury.’
- ‘More than twenty-two of the teachers who lived in the teacherage married local guys.’
- ‘The following year a new teacherage was built and a two-room school was completed.’
- ‘She returned to the teacherage, and began to gather empty containers from the cupboard.’
- ‘In 1960 when the teacherage was moved to Bellis, an organization called the Victoria Community Centre was organized.’
- ‘One storyline details Blanche's experiences living in teacherages associated with one-room schools.’
- ‘Accommodations are available for a nominal fee in on-site teacherages with internet and telephone access.’
- ‘Any maintenance required on the teacherage units is carried out by the Board's maintenance staff.’
- ‘The teacherage is restored with donations and it houses the Florissant Heritage Museum.’
- ‘Apr 1938 they passed a motion to purchase a teacherage from the Crescent Mine with the moving and repairing to be done by the families of the students.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.