One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A house or accommodations provided for a teacher by a school.
- ‘Any maintenance required on the teacherage units is carried out by the Board's maintenance staff.’
- ‘The following year a new teacherage was built and a two-room school was completed.’
- ‘In 1960 when the teacherage was moved to Bellis, an organization called the Victoria Community Centre was organized.’
- ‘Apr 1938 they passed a motion to purchase a teacherage from the Crescent Mine with the moving and repairing to be done by the families of the students.’
- ‘First, they wanted more security at the teacherages and a guarantee against further unlawful entries.’
- ‘Accommodations are available for a nominal fee in on-site teacherages with internet and telephone access.’
- ‘One storyline details Blanche's experiences living in teacherages associated with one-room schools.’
- ‘A teacherage was where the teachers could live; today we would probably call it an apartment house.’
- ‘More than twenty-two of the teachers who lived in the teacherage married local guys.’
- ‘The division leases teacherages on the basis of the type of residence and square footage from approximately $350.00 to $550.00 per month.’
- ‘Wiring of the school and teacherages will be started Monday.’
- ‘The addition and teacherage were dedicated in a service held in the gym on December 7, 1986.’
- ‘The school, teacherages and health station and 70 percent of the community also have a piped sewage collection system.’
- ‘She returned to the teacherage, and began to gather empty containers from the cupboard.’
- ‘The teacherage is restored with donations and it houses the Florissant Heritage Museum.’
- ‘For example, one of these problems is the teacherages at Smith Lake Elementary.’
- ‘It is also the only property of the four Wake County teacherages constructed with Craftsman detailing.’
- ‘Many teachers of that time had to live with area families so this teacherage was considered to be a luxury.’
- ‘The old Tin Cup school was brought in and converted to another teacherage, which has since been sold and moved.’
- ‘The Northern Store is more accessible for teachers since the teacherages are close to the store.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.