One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, squat candle in a metal case, used for decoration or within a stand to keep food or drink warm.
- ‘The blaze was caused by a tea light left burning, and officers have issued a seasonal warning to householders this week.’
- ‘This was achieved with the aid of an ordinary tea light, set burning, and placed on the frozen ground.’
- ‘The pair, who live on Kirkland, then scrabbled together hundreds of tea lights and altar candles with the help of their friends.’
- ‘Put scented tea lights in your windows, on shelves and coffee tables.’
- ‘Rumours have already begun to fly that all the lights in the facility are actually tea lights that only burn for an hour at a time.’
- ‘I really didn't know where to start other than remembering I had just put a bag of tea lights in the storage closet.’
- ‘They lined the windowsill with dried leaves, scattered nuts and tea lights.’
- ‘Hollow out enough oranges to line your dining table, spike them with cloves and slip a tea light into each one.’
- ‘Tea lights are excellent choices.’
- ‘"About 250," replied Mr. Kornbluh, framed by tea lights, pillars and votives scented with rosemary, lavender and nutmeg.’
- ‘A candle diffuser is a diffuser that utilizes a tea light or other candle to gently heat the essential oil to promote diffusion into a room.’
- ‘Six tea lights nestle in the center of this piece of timber bamboo to make a spare, rustic candleholder.’
- ‘Drop a new tea light right into the top of the apple.’
- ‘The dishes are presented on a retro looking stand heated by tea lights.’
- ‘It sat on a stand with a tea light under it.’
- ‘The brightly painted yellow walls, together with tea lights atop dark wooden tables, give the place a warm feeling.’
- ‘I accepted them with a smile and then remembered where my wife had stashed a bag of tea lights.’
- ‘They started by lighting the fire and scattering tea lights around the fireplace.’
- ‘Tables are topped with white cloths and round fishbowls holding marbles and floating tea lights.’
- ‘Lay back, relax and, for the perfect chill-out zone, add candles or tea lights at bathtime.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.