Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Used to express irritation, annoyance, or impatience.
- ‘‘Tch, tch, what a mess,’ Madam Musta commented and we turned our attention to her, only to start fuming on seeing her.’
- ‘Either you were a Prefect in the session of 1996- 97 or, tch tch, you can make the world believe you were!’
- ‘Tch, tch, O Holy One, how else can you do the bidding of the Goddess unless you are yourself the Queen of Heaven.’
- ‘Instead of giving her a Naganna, he gave her a Nagaratna, a girl child, tch, tch!’
- ‘Rafael shakes his head and utters, ‘Tch tch tch!’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.