One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express irritation, annoyance, or impatience.‘“Tch, tch! I was afraid something like this would happen.”’
- ‘Instead of giving her a Naganna, he gave her a Nagaratna, a girl child, tch, tch!’
- ‘Tch, tch, O Holy One, how else can you do the bidding of the Goddess unless you are yourself the Queen of Heaven.’
- ‘‘Tch, tch, what a mess,’ Madam Musta commented and we turned our attention to her, only to start fuming on seeing her.’
- ‘Either you were a Prefect in the session of 1996- 97 or, tch tch, you can make the world believe you were!’
- ‘Rafael shakes his head and utters, ‘Tch tch tch!’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.