One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘When I read Production, I expected stories of mopped brows and elbow grease, Paul Willis's ‘lads,’ and robotic Taylorist workers.’
- ‘By this they mean that they are the very opposite of Skinnerians and Taylorists.’
- ‘The conclusion reached is that Taylorist precepts were significantly modified to meet the particular control requirements and the environmental factors faced by Australian governments.’
- ‘The Taylorist quantification of time in the service of mass production was countered by organic modes of manufacture, exemplified by the proliferation of arts and crafts movements throughout Europe and America.’
- ‘Reference to labor standards does not imply the full panoply of labor standard costs and variance analysis that developed as part of the Taylorist efficiency movement of the late l9th/early 20th century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.