One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form on which a taxpayer makes an annual statement of income and personal circumstances, used by the tax authorities to assess liability for tax.
- ‘You must keep proof to support your claim to a deduction as long as your income tax return can be examined.’
- ‘You can then refer to the tax return to see whether a deduction was taken.’
- ‘The tax is self-assessed on an annual tax return in Italy whether the property is rented or not.’
- ‘Come the end of the tax year, it will make filing your tax return less of a chore.’
- ‘That's way more preparation for filling out a tax return than most Americans get.’
- ‘It will have to produce annually the IRC tax return, stating the income, in case of rentals.’
- ‘One advantage of doing a tax return online is that the Revenue will calculate your liability for you.’
- ‘Filling in a tax return can be quite daunting, and not just for bishops, if you are unfortunate enough to receive one.’
- ‘You don't have to declare this interest on your tax return, which is a bonus in itself.’
- ‘The paper tax return allows you to complete details for three separate self-employed income sources.’
- ‘The deadline to get your tax return in the mail rolled in at midnight, Friday.’
- ‘The key to filling in the tax return is to have all the right bits and pieces to hand.’
- ‘You are not legally obliged to employ an accountant, although you may find it easier to do so when it comes to filling in your tax return.’
- ‘Yes, if your child has earned income, filing a tax return will create room for RRSP contribution.’
- ‘Plus, you don't even have to declare it on your tax return - hurrah!’
- ‘These amounts are deductible when you file the tax return to report the gain for the year of sale.’
- ‘Like other stud operations in Ireland, Coolmore has never had to file an annual tax return, but that is about to change.’
- ‘You indicate that you forgot to declare the income on your Irish tax return.’
- ‘For whatever reason, Mr. Hughes had not filed a personal income tax return since 1985.’
- ‘You must also file certain forms with your tax return to account for these assets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.