A loss that can be offset against taxable profit earned elsewhere or in a different period.
- ‘The best move now might be to sell your fund and take the tax loss on your 2005 taxes.’
- ‘At one time, owners of loss-making businesses could sell their companies along with their accumulated tax loss - often their only asset - to profitable companies.’
- ‘The goal is to produce a tax loss with no corresponding financial risk.’
- ‘The different rates are not making good a tax loss that would otherwise have occurred…’
- ‘The Luse stock news also reports that BAT has declared a dividend of K7.74 per share in spite of the company recording an overall tax loss of K1,726 million.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.