One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tax concession or advantage allowed by government.
reduction, cut, discount, deduction, decreaseView synonyms
- ‘So, if there's a tax break on interest payments, savvy companies should favor debt over equity.’
- ‘If you do opt for a designated unit, be aware that a developer will invariably add a premium for the tax break.’
- ‘Make sure you take advantage of the repatriation tax break just like the big boys.’
- ‘For all but the very wealthy, the tax break from dividends would be meager.’
- ‘Congress, meanwhile, would modify tax law to give franchisers a tax break for the waived fees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.