One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The arrangement of one's financial affairs to minimize tax liability within the law.Compare with tax evasion
- ‘They've clamped down on some traditional ways of tax avoidance.’
- ‘Tyco International's acquisition accounting and offshore tax avoidance practices are also under scrutiny.’
- ‘New rules to tackle tax avoidance using personal service companies and similar intermediaries were published today.’
- ‘In doing so, the individual takes account of personalised needs, maximum tax avoidance, investment options, and so forth.’
- ‘The chancellor has already clamped down on tax avoidance by targeting complex arrangements, such as double trusts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.