Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to be deducted from taxable income when calculating income tax due.
- ‘Such plans are funded with tax-deductible employer contributions; employees are not permitted to contribute.’
- ‘In most cases, home equity lines are also tax-deductible.’
- ‘However, unlike salary, a dividend is not tax-deductible to the paying company.’
- ‘With a careful and timely matching of withdrawals with tax-deductible expenditure like livestock purchases, the tax incidence can be cancelled out.’
- ‘Using money borrowed as a home equity mortgage or as a second mortgage will create tax-deductible interest.’
- ‘Furthermore, the tax-deductible depreciation rates for new production equipment were increased.’
- ‘The donation is tax-deductible, and you may be able to deduct the loss from your investments in other taxable income.’
- ‘The interest rates on these forms of credit are lower than the average credit card and they're tax-deductible.’
- ‘He would make the first $10,000 of higher education costs tax-deductible.’
- ‘If you're covered by a retirement plan at work, your ability to make tax-deductible contributions is limited.’
- ‘The savings for your employee are tax-deductible and earnings are tax-free.’
- ‘The machine counts the change and prints a receipt for the full amount of the tax-deductible contribution.’
- ‘On January 1, 2006, The Bahamas becomes eligible as a tax-deductible meetings destination.’
- ‘It turns out you can't have a tax-deductible pension unless you have earnings to tax, and most of us won't have earnings to tax until we are at least 18.’
- ‘Contributions are fully tax-deductible the year they are given, but they do not have to be distributed to other nonprofits immediately.’
- ‘The company can make large tax-deductible contributions to a director's pension fund and the director will not be taxed on the benefit-in-kind.’
- ‘Not only is it good for employee well-being, it is also tax-deductible.’
- ‘But such insurance premiums should no longer be tax-deductible.’
- ‘Make sure your donation goes to an organization that is eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions.’
- ‘Your tax-deductible donation of any amount would be great.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.