One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be deducted from taxable income when calculating income tax due.
- ‘Make sure your donation goes to an organization that is eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions.’
- ‘On January 1, 2006, The Bahamas becomes eligible as a tax-deductible meetings destination.’
- ‘In most cases, home equity lines are also tax-deductible.’
- ‘But such insurance premiums should no longer be tax-deductible.’
- ‘The donation is tax-deductible, and you may be able to deduct the loss from your investments in other taxable income.’
- ‘Your tax-deductible donation of any amount would be great.’
- ‘Such plans are funded with tax-deductible employer contributions; employees are not permitted to contribute.’
- ‘If you're covered by a retirement plan at work, your ability to make tax-deductible contributions is limited.’
- ‘The company can make large tax-deductible contributions to a director's pension fund and the director will not be taxed on the benefit-in-kind.’
- ‘With a careful and timely matching of withdrawals with tax-deductible expenditure like livestock purchases, the tax incidence can be cancelled out.’
- ‘However, unlike salary, a dividend is not tax-deductible to the paying company.’
- ‘The savings for your employee are tax-deductible and earnings are tax-free.’
- ‘Contributions are fully tax-deductible the year they are given, but they do not have to be distributed to other nonprofits immediately.’
- ‘It turns out you can't have a tax-deductible pension unless you have earnings to tax, and most of us won't have earnings to tax until we are at least 18.’
- ‘He would make the first $10,000 of higher education costs tax-deductible.’
- ‘The interest rates on these forms of credit are lower than the average credit card and they're tax-deductible.’
- ‘Furthermore, the tax-deductible depreciation rates for new production equipment were increased.’
- ‘The machine counts the change and prints a receipt for the full amount of the tax-deductible contribution.’
- ‘Using money borrowed as a home equity mortgage or as a second mortgage will create tax-deductible interest.’
- ‘Not only is it good for employee well-being, it is also tax-deductible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.