Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fine rosé wine produced at Tavel in the south of France.
- ‘Bandol, Tavel, Bardolino Chiaretto, Grenache, and Rose of Pinot Noir are just samples of wines that celebrate the flavors of barbecued food.’
- ‘They offer a nice simple dry rosé, the 1998 Belleruche Coteaux-du-Tricastin, for around $13, and a 1998 Tavel (an appellation in the Rhône devoted to producing top-notch dry rosé) for about $22.’
- ‘This pale, full-bodied rosé is as good as anything being produced in more expensive Tavel in the Rhône valley.’
- ‘In the 1940s he was hired as consultant to the large California producer Almaden, for whom he created the best-selling varietal Grenache Rosé, having been inspired by the French wine Tavel.’
- ‘There is even an appellation, Tavel, dedicated to rosé.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.