One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The answer given by the Councilors is tautological: they are the lawful authority because the law has defined them as such.’
- ‘The camp provided the Germans tautological proof of the necessity of imprisoning Untermenschen: the disgusting state of the Haftlinge of Auschwitz demonstrated their inferiority and justified their murder.’
- ‘What may seem tautological - happiness being happiness - epitomizes Traheme's use of perspectival language: to attempt to move from the subjective and to the objective.’
- ‘Those who view the question as ultimately tautological, and therefore futile, have a strong case to make; but that is not the same thing as saying the question is without use.’
- ‘As I will argue, however, the text does present the possibility of a woman stealing what is already in her possession through its account of the tautological crime.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.